Home About Me My Classroom Blogs I Love Freebies Instagram TeachersPayTeachers Pinterest BlogLovin Image Map

Friday, July 11, 2014

Moving Madness!

Good morning!  

Today is ANOTHER day of moving madness!  We're in the final stages of packing - you know, the ones where you think you're all packed, but then you open a couple random cabinets and realize you're no where close to being done?  We've been lucky because we already have access to our new home.  So over the last few weeks, I've been making trips over with all our breakables - saving me the headache of wrapping them all in tissue paper, packing them carefully, praying the movers don't break them, unpacking, washing and then putting them away.  It's really helped so much, but has been a ton of work!  And it really doesn't feel like I'm making much progress.  Let me tell you - packing with a 1 year old should be an Olympic event.  If I even think about packing a box when he's around, he either desperately needs me somewhere else in the house, or he "helps" by taking everything out of the box and putting is somewhere else (usually over the baby gate into the office!).  But after this weekend, it'll all be over! 

We've also resorted to eating everything we have left in our fridge and pantry... which is making for some crazy meals.  I'm trying to keep the baby's food as healthy as possible, but as the week has wound down and we've run out of his usuals and I've had to be more creative... it's getting trickier and trickier!  I usually try to do lots of fresh foods, but today, he's having frozen meatballs and broccoli, which will also be followed by some applesauce pouches we have leftover.  Because that's about all we have left in our sad freezer.  


Don't mind the paper plate... like I said, all our breakables are at the new place!  I see a HUGE grocery shopping in my very near future!

The move has given me LOTS of ideas and projects to work on, so I'll be back for Monday Made It after the weekend!  PLUS I've been working on my #SLANTbox.  I'm sending a box to the super sweet Courtney from Ramona Recommends (check her out if you don't know her - she has a TON of fun things going on on her blog!) and will be getting a box from Amber at Creative Upper Grades which I am SO excited about!  Amber has been such fun to get to know, and it turns out we have so much in common!  I'm so happy that I stumbled upon the SLANT box - it was a complete accident, and I've really lucked out with my matches (thanks Jamison!)!   I'll be back to blog about the box I send AND the box I get once the month ends.

I've been happily following everyone at the TpT conference in Vegas - living vicariously through your Instagram posts and blog updates.  Maybe next year I'll be able to join y'all! 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Aww I feel so special. ;) I cannot stop buying things for your box. Seriously I see something that I like and assume you will too since we have so much in common. Lol

    ReplyDelete