Home About Me My Classroom Blogs I Love Freebies Instagram TeachersPayTeachers Pinterest BlogLovin Image Map

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hi!

I just turned my laptop on for the first time in 2 weeks!  I've definitely been busy - both enjoying summer vacation (walking, beaching, playing), and prepping for our move!  We're moving in 20 days, and are living in a sea of boxes.  I've never moved with a baby before, so this has already been an interesting experience.  I've learned to pack like a crazy person when my little guy naps.  The first couple days I was packing around him - which, as it turned out, was impossible.  He was either underfoot the whole time (saying "up, up, up!") or he was unpacking everything I packed.  I got NOTHING done!  So now I pack while he naps.  Currently I'm going through all our closets and throwing a bunch of things away - and putting other things aside for our yard sale!  I haven't had a yard sale since I was a little kid, and I've certainly never had my own, so I'm excited!  Hopefully people will come and buy up all the things we don't need any more.  I'd be so happy if it all went to a new home instead of in the trash.  

I'm a VERY organized person at school - I know where everything is, and so would you if you were to come to my classroom, because everything is labeled, everything has a home, and there's no clutter.  My house however... I TRY to keep it clean and organized, but it's hard!  I'm sure many of you can relate.  Forget the fact that I have a baby - by the time I get home at night, I'm either too tired, or have other things to do - so the organizing and cleaning gets pushed off.  But moving is forcing me to organize and declutter - and I'm so so happy to do so!  Today I tackled the linen closet.  Or at least, it's supposed to be a linen closet.  As I discovered - it's turned more into a closet we throw our junk in instead.  I think I found 2 sheets in the entire closet!  But now it's an empty closet, all packed up and ready to make a move!

I hope to check back in soon - there are so many Linkys I want to do, and I've got a running list of TpT things I want to work on too... somehow I hope to find time to fit it all in!  I'm also participating in my very first SLANT box!  I'm so excited about this!  I'll blog about that process too as I get to know more about it.  :)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment