Home About Me My Classroom Blogs I Love Freebies Instagram TeachersPayTeachers Pinterest BlogLovin Image Map

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins!

I've recently been experimenting with essential oils in the kitchen.  My friends and I stumbled across this pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe years and years ago, and we make it ALL FALL LONG.  This year, I have 3 small kids in my house, and I didn't feel comfortable giving them cookies... so instead I made muffins, you know, because that's different ;).  Anyway, last week, we were out of cinnamon and nutmeg.  I'd already mixed the ingredients together, and I had a 2 year old just dying to have some muffins... so I improvised.  I have an ever growing collection of essential oils, and last month I'd ordered cinnamon bark and nutmeg.  So I figured I'd give it a shot... turns out, they were delicious and tasted EXACTLY the same as if we'd used ground spices... or even a bit better because the flavors were a little stronger.  I only used 1 drop of each oil - which, if you're new to oils, I know doesn't seem like enough.  But trust me... they're STRONG.  1 drop is plenty.

I use Young Living Essential oils in my cooking and in my life because I love how they're pure and therapeutic grade.  If you're interested in making this recipe (or any of the others I'll be posting as I continue to experiment with them in the kitchen), contact me here (learningbymrshart@gmail.com), and I can help you get your own!



PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

INGREDIENTS

1 stick of butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1 package chocolate chips
1 drop Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
1 drop Nutmeg Essential oil

DIRECTIONS
1. Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer.  Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.
2. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add the essential oils to the creamed butter and sugar mixture.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients.
5. Once all mixed together, add in the bag of chocolate chips and allow to mix for another minute or so.
6. Scoop into muffin tins, and bake at 350* for 15 minutes.  I used mini muffin tins (better for little hands!), and I cooked them for 15 minutes.  If you use larger muffin tins, you may need longer... check after 15 minutes to see!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment